New general guidelines for entry and stay visas for non-residents, applicable to the People’s Republic of China and its administrative dependencies.
The Government of the Republic of Costa Rica recently issued the new general guideline on entry and stay visas for non-residents, cir-cular DG-004-2021-UI-AJ in which it dictates the following modifica-tions for nationals of the People’s Republic of China and it’s adminis-trative regions:
- Hong Kong and Macao nationals with valid British or Portuguese passports will receive the same treatment as nationals of the entry group without a consular visa, so they will not require a visa to enter the country and their stay will be up to ninety days.
- People of Chinese nationality who carry a public affairs passport will not require a visa to enter the national territory.
- Visa applications for minors of Chinese nationality will be proces-sed exclusively before the Restricted Visa Commission.
- Nationals of China, of legal age, bearers of passports issued in Beijing or Shanghai, may exceptionally enter the country under the category of Non-Resident, Tourism subcategory, under the procedu-re established in the “Temporary Protocol for the promotion of Tou-rism in China ”.
- Contact us: email@example.com